Stuff about me:
The nutshell: I blog fairly consistently, and some of these have to do with the craft/business/headache of writing and publishing. You’ll also find some of my rough draft stories, most of which are lesbian themed, but not all. I will try to update these as regularly as possible, although these days most of my writing efforts go into stories I try to publish. I also blog my thoughts, ponderings, issues, and (hopefully) growth.
The geeky stuff: I got my MA in English Composition and Literature from California State University, San Bernardino in July, 2007. I also completed a Women’s Studies Certificate to complement my English degree. A BA in English from California State University, Los Angeles, and a Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL) from ITTT round out the degrees of which serve no real purpose in my world at the moment. My areas of interest are the classics, especially Ovid and Homer. I love women’s literature, and am particularly fond of Lesbian fiction in its current state of metamorphosis. I’m currently working on my doctoral dissertation on Medea and the contemporary use of mythological women in literature.
The random stuff:
Right now Occasionally I used to write for Suite 101.com. These days, I’m editing with Bold Strokes Books as an editorial consultant and attempting to get my own creativity to come out of its coma. My first lesbian publication came out in Regal Crest’s Blue Collar Lesbian Erotica, 2008. Since then, I’ve had several other publications come out, and hope they will continue to do so. Check out my publications page for the book covers.
- I love Latin music, Country music, Pop music and any reason, really, to dance.
- I am desperately addicted to coffee, and I don’t care.
- I have a thing about wearing socks without shoes and wear gym socks with nearly everything (including dresses, if I can get away with it. And lingerie).
- I am cluttered but obsessive about it.
- I love travelling, although I’m unlikely to eat much of another culture’s food, as I am always convinced it may kill me or inexplicably come alive in my mouth.
- I’m a pseudo vegetarian.
- I lived in the states for most of my life, but live in England with my English partner now.
- I love reading, writing, ingesting, erotica. Especially of the butch-femme variety.
- I make up words. All the time. You would totally hate playing Scrabble with me.
- I’m allergic to pineapple.
- I have nearly fallen to my death off a cliff, I have been in a car hit by lightening, and I randomly fall over in public on a regular basis for no apparent reason.
I identify as a femme lesbian, within a butch-femme dynamic. I love reading blogs about butch-femme dynamics and identities, and you’ll occasionally find me writing one as well.
I enjoy hiking through the amazing English countryside, visiting castles, ruins, abbeys and stone circles. My imagination can run wild here, and often does so of its own volition, in both delicate and dirty directions. Mostly dirty, really.
Please contact me if you have any feedback or questions. I would love to hear from you.