- I began my PhD journey at Nottingham Trent Uni.
- Travelled to California for the Bold Strokes Book Fest. Shopped.
- States of Independence publishing conference. LGBT panel with Andrea Bramhall, Rebecca Buck and Kev Troughton.
- 3rd Annual BSB UK book festival. Eleven authors attend.
- The London Olympics 2012. I was there.
- I made contact with the paternal side of the family after nearly thirty years.
- Florida. Mom. Kayaking with dolphins. Harry Potter land.
- The house falls apart. Washing machine floods kitchen. Toilet tanks splits in half.
- Teaching workshops on writing.
- New business opportunities land in my lap.
- Meet England Foootball manager Hope Powell.
- Work with 300 teenagers over three days. Rewarding.
And in 2013, so far:
- PhD project approval. Novel work begins in earnest.
- Teaching writing workshops.
- The Nottingham Festival of Words. LGBT Panel discussion and reading.
- States of Independence?
- Business funding?
- 10th short story comes out.
- Conference in Belfast: Mapping Feminist Movements.
- 4th Annual Bold Strokes Book Festival, UK.
- Conference in Nottingham: The F Word in Contemporary Literature
- Travel to the US. Not sure where yet.
- Editing. Writing. Reading. Editing. Writing. Reading.
- Dec: 1st draft of novel finished.
Thank you. For reading, for coming along on my journey. A writer writes to be read, and without you, I would be less.
Happy New Year. Do you have plans for 2013 yet?
Book: The Gift of Death by J. Derrida
Song: Hijo de la Luna by Mecano