An old friend of mine says when you’re stuck, start with 1.
1. I am feeling my age today. Not old, but not 20 either.
2. Age brings experience. Yesterday I put together my course syllabus for Saturday’s Constructing a Novel workshop and I realized that I do, actually and astonishingly, have experience. Which goes back to 1.
3. I am drinking coffee out of a mug large enough to require two handles. Bucket coffee is the best coffee.
4. I have started a tumblr blog having to do solely with my PhD work: reflections, writing, theory, etc. Boring to all but the geeks.
5. Since being made redundant, I have less time than ever before. I have scheduling conflicts happening in March.
6. Hope Powell was really lovely. S got a pic with her, though H seemed befuddled by all the attention. Mmm, sporty lesbo.
7. All our Christmas shopping was done last month. Including joke gifts which serve no purpose.
8. I’m presenting a paper in Belfast in April. Yes, I’m excited.
9. I’m presenting a paper at Notts Uni in June. On my birthday. Semi-excited.
10. I’ve had my 10th short story accepted for publication. Blood and Lipstick by Storm Moon Press will be out in the Spring. It’s time to jump to novel length. Size queen and all that, you know…
11. I am so utterly, beyond grateful for my friends and family, both near and far. The loving, the crazy, the gentle spirits, the toughies. All.
13. I still live in my head too much. Sometimes I forget to come out and join the world. I forget how to be social, how to look away when speaking so I don’t freak people out, how to actually see people instead of a blur under my thought projections. I’m working on this.
14. I have nice, big defensive walls. I let few people beyond the surface. But surface friends are good too, right?
15. I miss my spiritual side.
16. And the fact that you’re here. Well, without readers, writing is missing a partner. So thank you for coming here, for reading, for commenting, for interacting, for being part of my cyber-being. I need you and your perspective to broaden my horizon.